Make a super fun DIY Confetti Resin Tray! This colorful resin serving tray is a fun DIY project for your home. This project is sponsored by The Resin Crafts Blog.
I’m a paper hoarder. I have a hard time getting rid of scrap paper and because I always think it will come in handy. This project is the PERFECT way to use up your scrap paper!
When I did this project, I added the handles last and that was a BIG MISTAKE! So learn from me and add those handles first! It’s much easier to drill into the frame and to add the screws WITHOUT your resin and confetti in the way!
- Start with measuring and marking on your wooden frame for the handles. Drill holes and add them on first!
- Prepare your confetti with a paper slicer or scissors. A rotary cutter also works great for this!
- Spread your confetti in the bottom of your tray. Add more if you need to make sure it's thickly layered and the bottom is thoroughly covered!
- Prepare the resin. This is a multi-step process so make sure you don't start mixing until you are ready to do the whole process from beginning to end!
- Mix EQUAL parts of the hardner and the resin.
- Slowly stir for 2 minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into the second and mix with a new stir stick for one additional minute.
- Now, it's time to pour! Pour into the tray and cover the confetti completely! You want this nice and thick so mix up more resin if needed and make sure all the paper is completely covered!
- Allow your resin to cure, and your tray is ready to use!
This beautiful DIY resin tray can easily be customized in the colors of your choice to fit your home decor and style! Wouldn’t this look beautiful on your coffee table!?
I hope this project inspires you to create a custom resin tray for your home!
Check out these other resin projects!