Customize Christmas stockings by creating colorful DIY resin gems! This project is sponsored by JOANN.
I’ve never been a fan of the traditional red and green holiday decorations. (Here’s my colorful tree!) Pink has always been my favorite color, so why not include it for Christmas!? I picked up these solid white stockings from the JOANN Maker’s Holiday collection and brainstormed for a while how I would jazz them up. I’m a Resin Crafts Ambassador, so I’ve had a of lot of practice with resin projects! I created these colorful DIY resin gems that were the perfect “glam” addition to these plain stockings!
- First, prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole process from beginning to end!
- Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.
- Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute.
- Now, that the resin is ready, add a few drops of acrylic paint in the color of your choice!
- Next, pour gently into the jewelry molds and allow to set.
- After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the mold!
- Now, use your resin gem stones to embellish your stockings! (Attach with glue.)
If you’ve never tried a resin craft, at first glance the instructions can be a little intimidating! My biggest piece of advice is to read all the instructions and have your materials prepared before you begin. The product uses a 1:1 ratio: 1 part resin to 1 part hardener. Can’t get much easier! The gist of it is: mix the resin and the hardener, stir for 2 minutes, pour to a new cup, store for one minute, then pour!
These DIY resin gemstones were perfect for my stockings but they could be used a variety of ways! Add to a clutch or even a pair of shoes! I’m already brainstorming more ways to use them – so I’ll need to make more soon 🙂
Don’t forget to PIN for later!