Create a resin monogram keychain using two layers of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy, paint, and a vinyl cutout. This project is sponsored by ETI.
Resin has quickly become one of my favorite types of craft projects but my number one type of craft projects are my Cricut projects. I love creating with paper and vinyl and wondered if there was a way to bring the two types of projects together.
For this project, I used my Cricut machine to cut my monogram out of vinyl and added it between two layers of EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. I mixed the first layer of resin with a few drops of acrylic paint so that the vinyl cut outs would really pop. Putting the clear resin on top seals in your vinyl and finishes off your resin monogram keychain!
- First, prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole process from beginning to end! Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.
Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin
Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute.
- Once your mixture is ready, add in a few drops of acrylic paint and mix thoroughly.
- When the color is ready, pour gently into your keychain mold. Only fill the mold halfway full.
- Let the first layer set overnight.
- Cut your monogram from vinyl and weed the design (remove the excess material).
- Add the monogram onto the first layer of resin.
- Mix up a batch of resin and pour over your design.
- You can use a lighter to remove any bubbles that rise to the surface. (My clear layer had a ton of bubbles - I think our house was a little to chilly when I mixed up the resin!)
After enough time has passed for the resin to cure, you can remove the keychain from the mold!Once your resin monogram keychain is out of the mold, you can add the hardware onto it.
When it’s ready, you can add it to your keychain and carry it with you everyday! Instead of a monogram you could print any words you like – maybe even making separate keychains for different sets of keys. Use this as a creative way to identify your keys!