Create a colorful resin DIY diamond paperweight to decorate your desk!
I remember how gray and boring working in a corporate setting can be. All the desks are the same color and there isn’t much to distinguish one cubicle from the next. Hopefully, wherever you work you bring a bit of your color and creativity and make it your own! This project makes a gorgeous DIY diamond paperweight you can use to decorate your desk!
For this project, you’ll need a diamond shaped mold. I found mine on Amazon! One of the best parts about working with resin projects are the endless number of molds you can find. There are so many creative options for resin casting – like my Resin Flamingos, resin necklaces, or you can even get creative with basic molds like I did for this resin DIY mail holder.
I used alcohol inks for this diamond paperweight, which is one of my favorite ways to color resin. Of course there are innumerable ways to customize this project yourself! Check out our guide to coloring resin for more inspiration:
- Start by preparing your work surface. Always put down a silicone mat or something to protect your table top.
- Prepare your resin. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole project from the beginning to end! Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.
Stir the mixture for 2 minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the 1st cup into a 2nd and mix with a new stir stick for an additional minute.
- Once you've thoroughly mixed your resin, pour gently into the diamond mold. If you leave the mixture like this, you will have a crystal clear diamond paperweight!
- To add color, pour in a few drops of your favorite colors of alcohol inks. Use the ink sparingly as too much will make the mixture very dark!
- Now use a toothpick to gently swirl the colors around.
- After you've allowed enough time to cure, you can remove from the mold!
I hope this project inspires you to create your own DIY diamond paperweight! If you’re interested in trying more resin projects, please visit our Resin Archives or this post with 12 Beautiful DIY Resin Crafts and Home Decorating Projects!
View our collection of Resin projects!