Create a beautiful DIY resin necklace with colorful alcohol inks!
Resin is one of my favorite project mediums. After you get the hang of the mixing process, you can create SO. MANY. THINGS! I especially have had a lot of fun creating beautiful jewelry – like this DIY resin necklace!
I’ve added acrylic paint to resin and got great results, so I wanted to try alcohol inks to see how well they worked. It’s a little unpredictable but that’s what makes this project so fun!
You can mix up different colors and layers or try single colors in each. The inks are highly pigmented so a very, very little bit goes a LONG way. Let’s mix up some resin and create a super cool resin necklace!
DIY Resin Necklace
- Start by preparing your EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole project from the beginning to end! Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.
Stir the mixture for 2 minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the 1st cup into a 2nd and mix with a new stir stick for an additional minute.
- Working on wax paper or a silicon mat, add a small amount of the mixed resin into your tubes. If you want to do multiple "layers" fill it as far as you'd like the first color to go. Then put a SMALL drop of the first color in!
- To add the next layer of resin, you can use a stir stick to only drop a small amount in the tube. Don't worry about making a mess - it comes off the silicon easily!
- Add in the next color! Use a toothpick the push down the color into the resin. Use the toothpick to press it down repeatedly. This will push the ink down into the resin and create the cool looking trails of color.
- After about 15 minutes you can use a straight pin to hold the eye hook in place at the top of your resin necklace pendant while the resin cures.
After the resin has cured you can pop them out of the silicon tubes. It might take a little patience but having the hooks on top gives you something to hold onto! Add these colorful DIY resin pendants to a necklace or any other creative use you can think of!
I hope this project inspires you to create your own DIY resin necklaces! If you’re interested in more resin projects, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES! Looking specifically for more DIY jewelry? Click here!
Leave a Reply