How to clean your Keurig: use my secret cleaning weapon – vinegar! Get your coffee maker sparkling clean with this deep cleaning hack.
We use our Keurig almost every morning, and aside from wiping down the exterior it had never been given a deep clean. I’ll usually add the removeable pieces to the dishwasher and give them a quick cleaning but we were way overdue for a nice deep cleaning! The key to removing all the yucky buildup inside is VINEGAR! I use vinegar to clean everything! My best advice? Make sure you’re replaced all the pieces you removed before running any liquid through! I may or may not have made that mistake once!
How To Clean Your Keurig
1.Unplug your Keurig – safety first!
2. Take out the removable pieces – on ours it’s the base and k-cup holder.
3. Using a damp cloth, wipe down the entire machine.
4. Using soap and water, clean the removable pieces. I usually run these through the dishwasher every few days but hand wash when I’m doing a deep clean.
5. Put the removable pieces back in the machine, and pour in the max amount of vinegar and run through.
6. Lastly, run a few cups of water through to make sure you clear the vinegar.
How to clean your Keurig? It’s easier than you thought!
Tidying up the house happens every day (or at least every other day, haha!). But deep cleaning happens a little less often. The Keurig is just one of those household items that gets over looked. While you probably don’t need a big article about sweeping the floor or cleaning your counters, I do a few tricks for you!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!