These adorable DIY confetti earrings are simple to make and customize with acetate paper! Learn to make your own DIY earrings using resin!
Who doesn’t love confetti!? I’m having a bit of a love affair with confetti and have been using it in a lot of projects lately! I just love how fun and colorful it is – I mean look at my amazing confetti resin tray:
Looks great, but the paper isn’t as vibrant as I’d have liked under the resin. For these DIY earrings I used acetate paper to retain the beautiful colors and make these super fun confetti earrings!
- Cut the acetate paper into small pieces to create your confetti!
- Start by preparing your EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole project from the beginning to end! Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin.
Stir the mixture for 2 minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the 1st cup into a 2nd and mix with a new stir stick for an additional minute.
- Once your resin is ready you can add in your "confetti"!
- Pour gently into your mold and allow enough time to set before demolding.
- Add on earring hooks so you can wear your beautiful DIY earrings!
The acetate paper worked PERFECTLY for these DIY earrings! Instead of paper they are a sort of plastic so the resin doesn’t get “wet” and doesn’t discolor at all. The little “confetti” floats perfectly in the resin!
I love the possibilities of using this type of resin add in. It would be so easy to customize with your school colors, for your favorite sports team, or try cutting different shapes. You could also try arranging the pieces and overlapping to create more colors and designs.