Create colorful Christmas DIY gift tags with Cricut print then cut feature. This post is sponsored by JOANN.
Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite part of the holidays. It’s always so much fun to put on some Christmas music, light a holiday scented candle, and pull out all your ribbon, paper, and presents! Over the years my wrapping skills have gotten better and I always spend quite a bit of time creating beautiful bows and color matching my paper and gift tags. While some might argue that this is pointless because the paper is just torn off and thrown away, I’d counter with this:
The thought, care, and time we put in to preparing all the details of the holiday season are exactly what makes it the most magical and special time of the year!
If you’ve been around for a while, you know I prefer a colorful Christmas theme and I created these DIY gift tags with that in mind! I just love the vibrant colors and patterns on the presents and the quirky little Christmas Cactus!
DIY Gift Tags
- Open this file in Cricut Design Space.
- Click "Make it".
- Load your printer with Cricut Printable Vinyl.
- Print the designs. (You'll see a black box added around the DIY gift tags!)
- Once the pages print, you're ready to put them on your mat and load them into your Cricut machine!
- Make sure the material is set to VINYL on your machine.
- Press the blinking Cricut button to begin your cut.
- Your Cricut will light up and scan the box around the design, then it will start cutting!
- Once the cut is complete, unload your mat and your DIY gift tags are ready!
The only problem I ran into with this project was with my printer. The printable vinyl is quite a bit thicker than regular printer paper, so you’ll need to keep an eye on it while it’s printing. On one of the sheets I had to help where the paper caught while passing through the printer. No biggie, just had to pay attention!
Before clicking “Make it” you can resize the gift tags and make them whatever size you’d like. I made these a bit large so you could see them well in photographs.
I used the goooooorgeous Wild Rose Cricut Explore Air 2 for this project. You can easily do the Cricut print then cut function on this machine and it takes hardly any time at all since it cuts up to 2X faster than previous Cricut Explore models. If you get the bundle available exclusively at JOANN, it comes with the printable vinyl (along with a ton of other supplies!) so you have just what you need to try this project!
The Cricut Wild Rose bundle will be on sale at $229 from 11/1 through 01/04, and JOANN will have the lowest price of the season for this bundle!
Leave a Reply