Make DIY drink stirrers in fun pineapple shapes using EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy, pigment dyes, and a silicon mold.
Confession time – it’s water and food coloring in those glasses! You know that saying “done is better than perfect” – well I’m totally using that today. I kept putting off publishing this post because I thought “oh I’ll do a fun cocktail recipe and tie the two posts together”. Well when I try to do too many things or continually try to do it all – I end up doing nothing! So today take this reminder and just get done what you need to and don’t try to do it all. And if you’ve got a yummy cocktail recipe – send it my way! 😉
- First, prepare the EasyCast Clear Casting Epoxy. This is a multi-step process so don’t start mixing until you are ready to do the whole process from beginning to end! Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin. Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute.
- Pour a small amount into smaller measuring cups.
- Add a tiny amount of pigment to each cup – I used yellow and green for my pineapples!
- Mix carefully.
- Pour gently into your molds. Start on the side that needs more first, in his case the yellow of the pineapple, and as the resin approaches the other side – immediately start pouring the green. (This step may take a little practice, my first two weren’t perfect, but the rest looked great!)
- After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the molds. Drill a small hole in the bottom and insert a dowel (use glue if needed).
Resin is such a fun thing to work with because you can create some really unexpected things; like these DIY drink stirrers! I’ve also created beautiful photo holder/picture stand using EasyCast and some gorgeous resin bookmarks. You can check out my other fun resin creations each month on the Resin Crafts Blog!