I feel like I’m always trying to get organized! I’ll do well for a few days and then I get off track. I use a combination of paper and digital calendars and I LOVE to make lists.
I love that my digital calendar syncs with my phone and I can easily see all my appointments and deadlines easily in Outlook, but I also love the satisfaction of physically crossing something off a list!
I’m always looking for new ways to help with organization and this wine cork board is a super cute way to display your reminders, lists, notes, etc. Repurpose those wine corks into a useful tool for your home office.
- Wine Corks (you'll need a LOT)
- Shoe Box Lid
- Hot Glue
- Paint your shoe box lid.
- Poke 2 holes in one end of the lid and string ribbon through.
- Glue the ends of the string inside the box (I found this better than tying knots since they get in the way.)
- Start gluing your corks! Mine used about 120 corks. I glued on both the bottom and each side of the corks to make sure they were nice and snug!
- After all your corks are glued, you can go back and paint a few like I did or leave it "natural". The red wines make some of the corks look pretty cool even without paint!
This is a great, low budget project that upcycles items you may already have on hand! Collect wine corks (the holidays are a great time to do this!) and hang on to your next shoe box. After letting the paint dry, I was able to assemble this project in about 30 minutes! The bigger the shoe box, the larger your wine cork board will be.