Who knew that after I graduated not one but TWO of my friends would become flight attendants!? Amber Ryan was one of my best friends in college and was the maid of honor in my wedding. She is following her dream of traveling the world and has traveled to more than 20 countries from Italy to Brazil. I consulted this world travel to create the perfect gift guide for the traveler on your Christmas list. Follow her on Twitter @InFlightSmiles and her new blog!
Amber is an OSU and Alpha Delta Pi alum. She’s been a reserve (on-call) flight attendant at a major US airline for the past two and half years. She’s based in Charlotte, NC but travels home to Oklahoma often to visit her sooner boyfriend. She loves traveling (obviously!), reading, running, and cats. She addicted to coffee and beauty products. Here are her top gift ideas for travelers:
- Passport Wallet: When traveling, it’s important to keep all your documents in one place. This passport wallet is the perfect place to keep your passport, ID card, boarding passes etc.
- Portable Battery Charger: These are a life saver when you are traveling and don’t have access to wall outlet. Keep your device alive and thriving by always having this portable battery pack in tow!
- Longchamp Bag: This bag comes in several colors and sizes. It’s also easy to pack and is very durable. Perfect has a carry on and great for a quick trip.
- Travel Hoodie Pillow: This pillow will allow you to nap on a plane or in the car a little more comfortably. The hood can be pulled down to cover your eyes and help you stay asleep longer.
- Blanket Scarf: These are not only stylish but double as a blanket if you get cold on the plane or get stuck in the airport for a while.
- Travel Organizer: I’m loving the “grown up” Vera Bradley products. This preppy poly travel organizer comes in two colors (black or “toast”) and has a mature look compared to the floral fabrics you are probably used to from Vera. This can function as a cosmetic bag or you can put the five mesh pockets to work organizing your cords and chargers. The hidden front pocket is perfect for stowing jewelry.
- Packing Cubes: Packing cubes keep your suitcase organized when you’re on the go. Make your travel stress free by keeping your suitcase in order.
- Extension Cord: Call me crazy but an extension cord is one of the useful tools to travel with! Hotels often don’t have enough outlets or they’re in inconvenient locations (behind the bed,etc). While this isn’t really the best gift idea, it would make a great stocking stuffer and is a thoughtful gift for your favorite traveler.
Have you started your Christmas shopping? Will one of these items help you check someone off your list?