Learn all the details and how to use the new Cricut Hat Press! Make beautiful, custom hats at home (without the guess work!) quickly and easily with the Cricut Heat App! This post is sponsored by JOANN.
I jump at any opportunity to wear matching outfits. I LOVE dressing up for Halloween and always loved a good themed party in college. Now, my dog is just about the only one I can get to coordinate with me! When I learned about the new Cricut Hat Press I knew I had to make something to match with my furry friend.
At first I planned to create a doggie bandana to match my customized hat, but found out they make DOG HATS! Did you know you can buy a dog hat!? I used the Cricut Hat press to create the CUTEST “dog person” and “person dog” hats for Barkley and me!
Make custom hats for you and your doggie BFF without the guesswork or googling for instructions by connecting the Cricut Hat Press via bluetooth to the Cricut Heat App!
- Cricut Hat Press
- Hat Blank
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut Machine
- Create your design in Design Space (or use mine!)
- Click Make It
- Mirror your design
- Load your iron on vinyl and cut!
- Unload then weed your design (remove excess vinyl)
- Open the new Cricut Heat app and click "Start New Project"
- Select the "Transfer Material"
- Select the Material under "Applied to"
- The next screen shows you the recommended settings; press "Send Settings to Hat Press" to begin
- Unhook hat, fold out sweat band, and secure hat to fit snuggly on the Cricut Hat Form
- Place your design face down and hold in place with Strong Heat Resistant Tape
- Hold Hat Form securely with one hand and press with advised pressure and time
- Peel according to app recommendation
I love that Cricut continues to innovate and create the perfect tools for any project. The Cricut Hat Press enables you to create custom hats quickly and easily with it’s curved heat plate and hat pressing form.
The hat pressing form is a game changer as it fits in and creates the perfect firm backing to press on. The curved heat plate ensures a clean press every time by evenly distributing the heat AND wrapping around your project to ensure you can press every part of the design.
I hope this project inspires you to add the Cricut Hat Press to your arsenal of crafting tools!
View our collection of Cricut projects!