Learn how to paint a galaxy on a bag with fabric paint and add your astrological sign with the Cricut Joy. This project is sponsored by Cricut.
This is one of those projects I’ve had the idea to do for awhile and never tried it until now! I found these simple and super handy zippered bags at JOANN and thought the black ones would make an excellent background for a space theme! I practiced and learned how to paint a galaxy using fabric paint then used my Cricut Joy to make it an astrology themed craft!
How To Paint a Galaxy / Astrology Themed Bag
Learn how to paint a galaxy on a bag with fabric paint and add your astrological sign with the Cricut Joy.
- Cricut Smart Iron-On Holographic
- Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut Iron On Mat
- Cricut Weeding Tool
- Black Bag
- Fabric Paint (Blue, Purple, Pink, White)
- Start by washing and drying your fabric bag.
- Once it's ready to paint, start with dark blue fabric paint and paint small splotches onto the black bag.
- Next add in a bit of purple.
- After purple, swirl in some pink.
- Lastly, either flick your white paint or use a point to make white dots for the stars.
- Once your bag dries, open design space and search "Draw + Cut Zodiac Signs" under image sets.
- Size your design to fit on your bag.
- Click "Make It".
- Select "Smart Iron-On" and load your Cricut Joy with this gorgeous Holographic Vinyl.
- Don't forget to mirror your design!
- Once the cut is complete, unload from the Cricut Joy and remove the excess vinyl.
- Place your design and use the Cricut Easypress to iron on the design.
The holographic vinyl looked absolutely STELLAR on this project! (Oh yeah I said that, haha!) Cricut has a few different colors and they are absolutely gorgeous. I think it was the perfect addition to my galaxy painted bag.
I hope this project inspires you to learn how to paint a galaxy on a bag and add your astrological sign with your Cricut!
Leave a Reply