This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
Crafting brings me a lot of joy. I love to use my Cricut to make t-shirts or custom labels for things in my home. I also love to make gifts for others with my machines. When Cricut invited me to participate in The Blue Ribbon Project I was excited to use my crafty skills to brighten someone’s day!
The Blue Ribbon Project has a program called Backpacks of Love. I learned that oftentimes when I child is placed into foster care it is done so quickly because it’s usually an emergency situation. That means a lot of these children not only have their worlds turned upside down but on top of that, their few belongings are usually thrown into trash bags.
Backpacks of Love from The Blue Ribbon Project steps in to provide backpacks with essential necessities for kids who are entering the system. I teamed up with Cricut to create two cute designs to personalize backpacks so that the kids would have something special to carry into these situations.
- Open Design Space. You can use my files for free! "Kind is Cool" or "You're Paw-some".
- Click "MAKE IT"!
- Be sure to also click "Mirror your design".
- Load each color when prompted by Design Space.
- Once cuts are done, remove the excess vinyl to reveal the designs.
- Pre-heat your Easypress according to the material you are using and the type of vinyl.
- Put down your first layer and apply heat. The Cricut EasyPress Mini worked great for this project!
- Next, apply the second layer or next color.
After your backpacks are customized, load them with the appropriate necessities before sending in. Here’s the list for Girls Age 10-11 and here’s the list for Boys 3-4. (That’s who my backpacks are for!)
I hope this project inspires you to help support Backpacks of Love from The Blue Ribbon Project. You can use my “Kind is Cool” or “You’re Paw-some” designs to customize a couple of backpacks or come up with your own fun designs!
Please mail backpacks to this address:
The Blue Ribbon Project
102 Waterside Court
Edgewater, MD 21037