Create a DIY stocking holder with wooden boxes and beautiful, glitter spray paint by Rust-Oleum. This project is sponsored by JOANN.
As someone who has never had a fireplace – I’ve always struggled with where to hang stockings. Growing up, we would usually find them stuffed full and leaning up against our presents under the tree or laying out on the table when we got up on Christmas morning. As an adult, I usually hang our stockings on the door handles of our china cabinet, but I was never happy with the location. When I saw the line of Rust-Oleum Imagine Glitter Spray Paint at JOANN I knew they would be perfect for a holiday project! I created a DIY stocking holder with these festive glitter spray paints!
DIY Stocking Holder
Create a DIY stocking holder with wooden boxes and beautiful, glitter spray paint by Rust-Oleum.
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Glitter Spray Paint
- Wooden Boxes
- Wooden Letters
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lightly sand the wooden boxes.
- Apply the first coat of Rust-Oleum Imagine Glitter Spray Paint.
- After a few minutes apply the second coat.
- A few minutes after that apply the third coat.
- Paint your wooden letters.
- Glue the boxes together. Use clamps to help hold in place while the glue dries (or setup with something heavy on top).
- After your boxes are attached, glue the letters inside with hot glue.
- Drill a small hole underneath and attach the hooks so you have a place to hang your stockings!
When spraying the Rust-Oleum Imagine Glitter Spray Paint it’s important to go slowly. It took at least 3 coats to get full coverage on this project and by waiting just a few minutes between each light coat of paint you will get a smooth finish with full coverage! I’m super impatient so this was tough for me, and I can see exactly where I messed up due to this! So have patience and your project will turn out beautifully!
Once we get our Christmas tree up, I can find the perfect place on the wall to hang our new DIY stocking holder. If you have a mantel or a shelf in your home, you could simply set yours on there. Making your own, you can customize with your own words to make it as long or short as you need (depending on the number of family members you have!) This is a simple holiday project that can be completed with all the supplies you need from JOANN!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Leave a Reply