If you’re looking for easy embroidery hoop crafts, you’ll love these fabric holiday hoops! This post is sponsored by JOANN.
Holiday crafting is my absolute favorite. It’s probably because the holidays are my favorite time of year. There’s no shortage of celebrations in the fourth quarter: our wedding anniversary is on Sept. 28th, then there’s Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Eric’s birthday, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. So many fun things to celebrate and decorate for! I’ve made some really cute Christmas crafts (like my JOY wreath from last year) but these embroidery hoop crafts may be my new favorites! I found the pretty green and white striped fabric as well as the festive tree fabric on a recent trip to JOANN. All the supplies for this project can be found at your local JOANN store!
- Start by cutting a small square of fabric slightly larger than your hoop - make sure it fits inside before cutting
- Next use the Cricut to cut your design. You can use mine: FA LA LA LA and JOY.
- Weed your design.
- Carefully position on the fabric and use the Cricut EasyPress to apply the iron on vinyl!
- Place the bottom of the embroidery hoop under your fabric and line up so the design is in the middle.
- Put on the top of the hoop and tighten to secure the fabric. Pull gently to remove any wrinkles.
- Flip the design over and trim away the excess fabric.
You can re-create this project quickly and easily by using my free Cricut cut files from Cricut Design Space (as well as a ton of other easy Cricut projects!), but I hope this project inspires you to create your own fun embroidery hoop crafts. I love my Cricut products, but this project can be done without them. While a bit more difficult, you could trace your design onto iron-on vinyl and cut out with scissors. You also could use an iron instead of the Cricut EasyPress.
Don’t forget to PIN for later!