Can you believe Snapchat has been out for over 4 years? I started using it around the time I moved to Houston and I loved getting snaps from my friends back home. Even just seeing quick 10 second snippets, I felt more connected since I was far away. Fast forward a few years and I’ve noticed a surge of Snapchat users! It is now the 3rd most popular social app among millennials – preceded by Facebook and Instagram. I wanted to share a few tips I’ve picked up on the past few years to help you make the most of this fun app!
Snapchat Tips and Tricks:
- COLORS! You’ve seen the color slider that appears when you snap a picture – there are actually tons of hidden colors! If you drag your finger down the color bar then move out to the left and up and down you can find different shades including white at the top left corner and black in the bottom. Slide to the left from red on the color bar and you’ll get my favorite – pink!
- Filters – After creating a video or snapping a picture you can swipe to add filters to your snap. You can change the color of the snap or add the time, temperature, or speed (fun on an airplane!). You can also add my favorite: Geolocations! These are really fun when you are traveling!
- Want to add a friend on Snapchat quickly and easily? You can scan the QR code from the drop down menu. Scan in person or share this little QR code and your friend can scan it to add you instantly.
- Use flash and night vision on dark photos. Ok, I’m not sure if it’s actually called night vision but that’s what I call the crescent moon icon that pops up when the camera is trying to focus in the dark. This will actually take better pictures at night than the built in camera on my phone. Use the lightning bolt for flash with the camera forward or rear facing.
- Did you know you have a score on Snapchat? On your profile (from the drop down screen) you can see the number of snaps you’ve sent and recieved. While this doesn’t really count for anything, it is pretty cool to keep track.
- Since my Snapchat score is over 20,000 I didn’t want to change my username. Unfortunately Snapchat doesn’t let you change your username, you would have to create a whole new account and start over.
- Were you wondering about the emojis next to your friends names in Snapchat? The list below describes what each emoji designates – when you are on a snapstreak or who your Snapchat bestie is!
Are you using Snapchat? Are any of these features new to you? Add me from my username above and let’s be snappin BFF’s!
Leave a Reply