One of my favorite things about Houston is the weather. I can wear sandals 9 months out of the year! The flip side of that is we have a few pretty harsh months in the summer where it is HOT + HUMID! I’ve gotten so frustrated after I took the time to curl and style my hair just for it to fall completely flat (well in my case my hair does this weird thing where only half my hair goes flat; but I digress). I have tried several of the sock buns I’ve seen on Pinterest – the easiest is to cut the toe out of a tube sock and use that to roll your hair around. Unfortunately, my hair is a little too thin for that. I could never get it to look right and not show part of the sock. I started putting my hair in what I call the no sock bun. It’s a quick and easy way to style your hair on those hot summer days when you don’t want to waste time styling it just for it to fall flat!
1. Put your hair into a high ponytail
2. Tease, Tease, Tease!
3. You want as much body as you can so your no sock bun is fuller. This works even better on “day 2 hair”. Remember when teasing you should only go in one direction.
4. Take and wrap the whole pony tail around and smooth it into place.
5. Tuck the ends under and secure with a bobby pin (or a few if you have thick hair!).
6. Enjoy a quick and easy style that is great to get you through the workday or looks elegant enough for a night out!
I’m linking up with Beauty and The Pitch for her July link up: Summer Beauty Secrets. Follow the links below to find some other great summer beauty tips:
6100 Main: Fashion of Rice University // Rosiemay // Fairyburger // Suite 6Ten // Southern Soul // My L(e)onely Planet // Native Texan Livin’ // The Pace // AMtoPM // Lipstick and Brunch // New Key Beauty // Beauty and the Pitch