Can you believe August is almost over!? You know what that means: BACK TO SCHOOL! I don’t know about you but I always loved going to school. (My mom may tell you differently but she was the one who had to wake me up in the mornings… i’m NOT a morning person!). My favorite part of back to school was getting new school supplies. Since I’m no longer in school I still get my kicks by choosing a new planner. In college I loved that Mortar Board sold OSU planners and pretty much everyone used them. They were great weekly planners that had campus activities and holidays preset in them. Nowadays I need something a little more robust. For the past couple years I’ve tried using my Outlook calendar and iPad/iPhone exclusively but there is just something about putting things down on paper. I’ve searched high and low and found several REALLY cute and REALLY helpful planners.
- Graphic Image: This leather notebook is the most professional/classic looking of the group. It’s a weekly planner and has a bunch of bonus pages in the back. My favorite part is the optional personalization. It’s the most expensive at $70.
- Kate Spade: I clearly have a thing for stripes. This one has tabbed sections to separate the months and is also a weekly planner. There are different sizes and the Medium agenda is only $30.
- Emily Ley: This is one of my favorites! I follow @EmilyLey on Instagram and read her blog. Her “Simplified Planner” is exactly what I am looking for in a daily planner. It has a schedule view as well as a daily to-do list. I also love how colorful it is and that she includes inspirational quotes on each page. These sell out quickly and run $58.
- Erin Condren: The “Life Planner” is weekly planner. I was really excited when I found this one but i’m not sure it will work for me. The weekly spreads are separated into morning, day, and night. I love that you can customize the front with your name or initials. It includes stickers that seem a little childish to me but I know a lot of people will love this one! Get you one for $50
- Lilly Pulitzer: Who doesn’t love Lilly? So colorful and fun! It’s a weekly planner with adorable graphics throughout. The large agenda is under $30.
- Whitney English: I’ve been hearing so much about “The Day Designer”. I LOVE that she is based out of OKC and would love to support a small business in my home state. The page layouts are very similar to the “Simplified Planner”. Her shop is on Etsy and you kinda have to follow on Intstagram (@TheDayDesigner) or Facebook to catch when the planners are being sold. She has a bunch of cute designs coming out. I think her planner will be worth the wait.
Hope this helps if you are in the market for a new planner. I’m curious if more people have moved to exclusively digital planning or if there are still other loyal pen and paper types out there!